April 16, 2014

20 Weeks!



So we've hit the official half-way point (at least of typical pregnancies)!! It's a little different for us as I will not be going past week 36 due to the risks of identicals. I hit the halfway point around week 15 but it felt odd celebrating it so I'm doing it now! Only fifteen more weeks until we get to meet our girls and we are so excited! I've started cleaning up some of the hand-me-down gear we've received and created a "girls" box for all the books, trinkets, decor and other items I've saved over the years for the nursery plus the gifts we're receiving now. We are so lucky in that we have a 2.5 year old niece, J, whose mom, my sister K, is more than willing to donate baby clothes, toys and gear that's been just taking up space. It's kinda funny, K was the ONLY person who knew from the beginning that we would have twin girls so she's even more happy now that she can get rid of all her stuff! It's a good thing she had a girl too because we've already gotten a rock and play, a tub, 2 play mats and a bouncy seat (thank you to a daycare mom and H!) that are neutral but tend toward boy colors. It's so weird to have baby gear in the house and the cats don't know what to make of it all!

I am feeling so great. I know the second trimester is the easiest but I have had such an easy pregnancy it's hard to believe it's almost over. I do have more aches in my lower back and belly, the heartburn is starting to flare up with a vengeance and I can't keep my eyes open past 10pm but other than that all is going so well!

I am feeling flutters and pokes here and there but nothing like the full-force kicks a lot of mamas get by this point. Funny though just as I started writing that I felt some little taps!

My scale is not very reliable but I going by last weeks appt. I think I have gained 18-20 lbs. total since December 26th.

I am still able to fit in all of my tops but have been wearing maternity jeans and capris for a few weeks now. Thanks to a few great finds on eBay and at a local consignment store I've spent less than $100 and have over 10 pairs of pants/capris/shorts, 10 maternity and nursing tops and even a dress I wore to two weddings last month.

I have an ultrasound next Thursday with Dr. M.  It should be a quick one he said, just a check of fluids and size. If all goes well the girls should be close to a pound each!

We're trying out a new recipe tonight and it smells absolutely wonderful. We got a huuuuge eggplant from the store this week and instead of taking forever to bread it and making eggplant parm like we usually do we're trying Rachael Ray's No-Noodle Lasagna. Haven't tried it yet but I can already tell it's going to be pure awesomeness.

So tonight I will be eating a late lasagna (it's almost 9!) and spending some QT with C rather than researching/buying/fbing til bed like last night. We're halfway through season 2 of GoT and our kitties have been super snuggly tonight too!

xoxo,
M

No comments :